Thursday 16 August 2012

ICH LIEBE BERLIN


At the beginning of this month I had the good fortune to go to Berlin for a week. I had never been in adulthood but lived there when I was very little. 

One of the only memories/partial memories I have of being there was that an old lady told my sister and I not to go into the woods alone or we would be eaten by wild boar.

On first arriving I thought parts of the city were comparable to a post apocalyptic nightmare with it's seemingly abandoned buildings and graffiti. Several hours later, I was intrigued. Several days and many miles on foot later I was hooked and didn't want to leave. 

I thought my feet would never recover but it was well worth going everywhere on foot or bike. They did recover and I didn't get eaten by wild boar.

Here's a few pics from the trip.






The wonderful Bauhaus Archiv building



The old airfield at Berlin Tempelhof


Daniel Libeskind's Jewish Museum




No comments:

Post a Comment